Imagine The Change
Imagine all galvanize, all industries, all applications, all around the world using only HDG G30 with InterCoat® ChemGuard.
The purpose of zinc galvanizing has been to protect carbon steel from corrosion. It has had a useful career.
The need for heavier zinc weights is disappearing, replaced by a technological advancement that provides significant cost savings.
Today the cost/performance profile of galvanized steel is becoming obsolete. It is being replaced by a dramatically more successful approach. The lower zinc/better corrosion protection feature is a primary advantage we highlight. Other secondary benefits that InterCoat®ChemGuard provides may appear stronger than the initial proposition. Imagine the next few years as early adopters are followed by waves of companies, industries, and organizations.
Elimination of Heavy Zinc Substrates
- Coming: G30+InterCoat®ChemGuard
- G165 is used for electrical distribution transformers on poles and pads in neighborhoods all over America.
- G235 is used for water tanks on towers in most American communities.
- G165 and G235 are used to create large oil and fuel tanks in use everywhere.
- G235 is used on highway barriers on U.S. highways. A 4-ounce zinc coating weight is sometimes equivalent to G400.
- G235 is used on culverts, often to divert water from highway foundations.
- G235 is often used for corrugated pipe where corrosion is a challenge.
Elimination of Hexavalent Chrome
- Whether transporting or storing, galvanize will remain pristine without the use of hexavalent chrome.
- All passivation will disappear. The needs for short term protection are gone – dangerous hexavalent chrome, trivalent chemtreat, oil and others are no longer necessary. G30+InterCoat®ChemGuard will replace the use of everything at the end of the galvanize line except bands to hold the coil.
- The environmental and financial cost of handling, storing, accounting for, permitting, inspections, discarding, monitoring and keeping out of the waste stream the toxic chemicals like dangerous hexavalent chrome will be eliminated, replaced by InterCoat®ChemGuard.
- Western states such as Oregon, Washington and California are particularly concerned about and have active legislative and political efforts toward the preservation of clean water resources. With local campaigns to prevent accidental release of dangerous chemicals, they will welcome InterCoat®ChemGuard.
- Architects and building contractors, in addition to looking for cost savings and improved performance, are increasingly looking to LEED certification. The Red List of chemicals, compounds and materials is avoided in this model. And of course, InterCoat®ChemGuard is safe, not on the Red List.
- Some galvanize applications benefit by having the material be certified antimicrobial. A tested and proven adjustment to the formula made InterCoat®ChemGuard able to be provided as an antimicrobial formula easily and inexpensively.
Value of Galvanize is Forever Altered
- Every current use of galvanize – HDG, Galvanneal or EG — will benefit from InterCoat®ChemGuard.
- If it has a carbon steel substrate, is coated with zinc or zinc alloy, it is a candidate to use InterCoat®ChemGuard as an improvement over current technology.
- Imagine its impact on you, your industry and your customers.
- Imagine its impact on your world.
Change Has Come!
Imagine The Applications
- every door
- truck bumpers, decks and body
- electrical conduit
- furniture, fixtures
- lawn and garden
- appliances large and small
- structural studs
- hvac ductwork, hangers, frames
- siding, roofing, ceilings, purlins
- decking, railings
- containers of all kinds
- automotive parts and body