Now Available Chrome Free
A Revolution Is Coming
To Galvanized Steel
The Cost of Zinc Will Never Be the Same
What If Heavy Zinc Coatings
Were No Longer Needed?
What If Current Thinking On Galvanized
What If ALL passivation
(CR6, CR3, Nonchrome)
What If Heavy Zinc Coatings Were No Longer Needed?
What If Current Thinking On Galvanized Was Upended?
What If ALL Passivation (CR6, CR3, Nonchrome) Was Obsolete?
A Revolution Is Coming
What Is it?
- A remarkable technological advance
- Enhances zinc performance on galvanize
- Not a barrier coating; it forms a covalent bond
- A cost-effective alternative to heavy zinc
- Not removable — chemically bonds with zinc
- RoHS compliant, environmentally friendly
What Does It Do?
- Enhances G30 to outperform G235 in corrosion testing
- Protects when stamping, roll forming, and cutting
- Increases lubricity for forming better than oil
- Weldable while providing corrosion protection
- Extends the life of zinc substrate exponentially
- Survives the severe process of cold-reduction
Why Is It A Revolution?
- It disrupts the traditional cost/performance benefit of heavy zinc
- Reduces the need for zinc coatings heavier than G30
- Eliminates the need for temporary corrosion protection
- Renders Hexavalent Chemtreats obsolete
- Replaces barrier coatings with permanent chemical bonds
- Reduces zinc runoff in the environment
- Reduces SKUs and eliminates need for broad inventory mix
Never Fear Corrosion Again!
Galvanize is redefined
… Galvanize yes, but not as you remember it.
InterCoat®ChemGuard now offers the same interReactive coating technology and amazing zinc reduction without Chromium compounds. Our typical formula is tri-chrome, RoHS compliant and environmentally friendly, removing the need to ever use toxic Hexavalent Chrome. Our Chrome-free version can help you meet environmental regulations.
Contact us today to see if our formula works for your application!
Third Party Test Results
Heavy zinc coatings (G90 and above) have been present in the market for decades, solving the century-old problem of corrosion, allowing steel to be used in a variety of applications. Today, that all changes – InterCoat® ChemGuard allows customers to purchase zinc at G30 or lower while providing corrosion performance superior to that of the highest grade of continuously galvanized – HDG G235 (even when coated with a hexavalent chromate passivation). Chemcoaters has conducted thousands of salt spray tests over the course of 7 years to validate this, but most recently we set out to have an independent third-party lab illustrate this performance to the world.
The result: InterCoat® ChemGuard outperformed every one of the heavy galvanized coatings considered to be “industry standards” for corrosion protection – all on G30 HDG.
The implications are staggering – users can experience vastly superior corrosion protection at a fraction of the cost of heavy metallic zinc weights. InterCoat® ChemGuard provides value in the most classic of ways: a better product at a lower price.